PLATINUM NATURALS Cardio Strong Total Cardio Care 120 Softgels
Cardio Strong Total Cardio Care Multi Supplement is a specifically formulated supplement with protective natural antioxidants, phytonutrients and omega oils to support cardiovascular and arterial health. This synergistic formulation contains krill oil, naturally fermented coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), resveratrol and eucommia, all with proven benefits for cardio protection, blood pressure and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Omega Oils: The human body cannot make Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and that is why they need to be consumed through diet. The main sources available for consumption are marine (fish and krill oil) or plant sources. Fish oil contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), while plant sources contain mostly alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). A recent systematic review of randomized controlled trials found that consumption of EPA and DHA from fish or fish oil supplements, but not ALA, benefit cardiovascular disease. EPA and DHA can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease by:
- Preventing arrhythmias that can lead to sudden cardiac death.
- Decreasing the risk of thrombosis (a clot) that can lead to myocardial infarction (heart attack) or stroke.
- Decreasing serum triglyceride levels.
- Lowering blood pressure slightly.
- Decreasing inflammation.
- Reducing the incidence of cardiac events and mortality in patients with existing heart disease.
- Coenzyme Q10: Coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ10) can be used for treating heart and blood vessel conditions such as congestive heart failure, chest pain (angina), high blood pressure, and heart problems. Studies support that when CoQ10 is taken orally, it has positive benefits on chronic heart failure, angina and hypertension.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is produced in the skin as a reaction to the sun, however, it is also available in some foods. The results from several population studies indicate that a low level of vitamin D may be linked to a higher risk of ischemic heart disease, a designation that covers heart attack, coronary arteriosclerosis and angina. Other studies show that vitamin D deficiency may increase blood pressure and high blood pressure is a contributing factor in the risk of heart attack.
- Resveratrol: Resveratol is a naturally occurring polyphenol found in grapes and grape products (such as red wine). At low doses, it may have cardio-protective activity that can help with heart disease by increasing levels of “good” cholesterol as well as preventing damage to blood vessels and preventing blood clots.
- Eucommia: Eucommia ulmoides is a commonly used herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine in anti-hypertensive formulations. Recent studies document that one plausible mechanism of its antihypertensive action is via the lowering of vascular resistance by directly dilating the blood vessels thereby reducing blood pressure. They also demonstrated a second mechanism of action for Eucommia as a beta-adrenergic blocker, which reduces the effects of stress on the heart.
- Cordyceps: Cordyceps sinensis has been widely used for longevity, endurance and vitality. Research has shown it may benefit people with its cholesterol lowering effects. It also may offer benefits of cardiovascular protection as a recent study showed a beneficial effect from supplementation in reducing cardiac and vascular injury.
- Rosemary: Rosemary officinalis has antioxidant capabilities and has a history in traditional folk medicine as a remedy for hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- Citrus Bioflavonoids: Flavonoids are contained in a wide assortment of foods including citrus, tea, onions, apples, and red wine. As a result varied amounts and types of flavonoids are a part of the human diet. Flavonoids are potent antioxidants, free radical scavengers, metal chelators and inhibit lipid peroxidation. Epidemiological studies show an inverse correlation between dietary flavonoid intake and inflammatory bio-markers as well as mortality from coronary heart disease which is explained in part by the inhibition of low density lipoprotein oxidation and reduced platelet aggregation.
Recommended Adult Dosage: Take four capsules daily or as recommended by a health care practitioner.
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cold pressed olive oil, sunflower lecithin, beeswax.
Capsule Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, purified water.
Formulated without yeast, dairy, corn, gluten, artificial colour or preservatives.
Caution: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood pressure medication, other prescription medication or if symptoms persist or worsen.
Krill oil: Hypersensitivity/allergy has been known to occur with shellfish; if this occurs, discontinue use.
Keep out of reach of children.